Canadian Seafood Processing is operated by Mica Verbrugge and Victoria Lake who combined have 30+ years of experience in management, retail, fishing, farming and aquaculture.
Victoria has a Bachelor of Science from the University of Southern California and Masters in Engineering from the University of British Columbia and worked as an engineering consultant for over 13 years in the Lower Mainland before moving to Port Alberni in 2016. She has since completed a Horticultural Technician Program at Vancouver Island University, in addition to assisting Mica with his business endeavours, particularly grant applications and marketing.
- Commercial fisherman (spot prawns, tuna, halibut, sablefish), 14+ years;
- Engineering and Project Management experience, 13 years;
- Retail and wholesale of Effingham Oysters since November 2013;
- Retail and wholesale of Christmas trees, as Whiskey Creek Christmas Tree Farm, since 2005, including an outstanding community service award from Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce;
- Training in Food Safety from BCIT, FoodSafe Level 1, Forklift Ticket and First Aid.